onsdag 17 juli 2013

Fair Isle mittens - for Christmas

I'm working with the Christmas gifts. Early bird catches... and so on.


My first pattern consists of polka dots. I use a grey yarn, Rauma Finullgarn, and a tutti frutti coloured yarn that I dyed with egg colouring this winter.


When I knit one of each colour the knitting gets more narrow, as here on the palm side of the mittens. The outside kind if bulges out a bit.

So I chose to go another way with the next pair. The red ones.


With thin stripes on the palm side the both sides are more even.


Oddly enough the red polka mittens are much more tightly knit on the whole than the tutti frutti ones. Weird.

Anyhow. I have designed four more patterns (folklore, tree, dolphin and sheep) so I have a lot of mittens to knit to work out the gauge mystery.

/Maia

- using BlogPress from my iPhone

Inga kommentarer: