fredag 2 september 2011

DDS goes knitting


As mother as daughter... My dear daughter S grabbed the knitting pins and set out knitting her first socks. It's easy helping her because I only need to say what seems to me as a sufficient amount of information. Her mind is a bit like mine and she gets my logic.

When she was ready for the heels it was her grand-mother, my mother, the Heel Master, who was at hand, and she chose not to make hourglass heels.

On the first pair the heels were somewhat over-sized, as were the rest of the socks. But raggsockar are supposed to be big, right?

The second pair of socks were designed to fit with her black boots and they turned out slim and fit, as you can see.

Here's a close-up on the heel design. Sorry about the photos, but it is difficult to shoot black socks in a way that you can actually see how they are knit!


Today DDS will go back to her studies in Umeå. I will miss her!
/Maia
- using BlogPress from my iPhone

Inga kommentarer: