lördag 26 mars 2011

Purl Soho

I was in New York a week ago. Sunday 20th March we strolled downtown, visited Barnes & Noble at Union Square, had a frappuccino at Starbuck's in the corner and found our way to legendary Purl Soho this sunny day!

Purl Soho
I have been following the PurlBee blog for quite some time now, so it was really irresistible to pay a visit to this store while in NY. The shop was small, but lovely. I parked DH and DD on the handy bench just inside the door and scanned the walls and baskets to find at least one skein of yarn to bring home as a souvenir.

I can't say that the prices really fit my budget, but if you want quality you will have to pay for it, right? I found a lovely yellow-brownish skein of yarn (on discount) and some perfectly colour-matched buttons to go with it. And they even wound it up to a ball for me, while I waited. And two people in the staff gave me compliments on my new white Clovis shawl! Very nice!

The yarn will eventually become a purse. I have a light brown fabric with small polca dots for the lining.

1000001504
At Barnes & Noble, I picked up the super smart Stitchionary 5 from Vogue. It is all about lace knitting, and just what I need to get to understand some kinds of lace better. Works well with my way of thinking. No lace knitting for the Purl Soho Yarn, though. That yarn stands for itself in plain stockinette knitting, I think.

/Maia

Inga kommentarer: