So the fair isle part was done. It took some time, with the roses and all. Then I machine sewed twice on each side of the pattern and I cut in the middle. This cutting. Every time this is a little bit scary, even though I know it really is safe with the machine sewing and all.
I have decided to make an edging that looks a bit like the one that Pinneguri made on this beautiful blanket. You have got to look at this blog, even though it is in Norwegian. Use Google translate! This lady is a pinneguru. I don't think my edging will be as nice as hers but I will try.
I have picked up stitches through the knitting some three stitches in, see the picture below. The edging is knitted with pins that are somewhat smaller than the rest of the blanket, three knits, three purls.
Of course the cut edge is not very beautiful, but I will fold it in and sew off nicely as soon as the knitting is done.
My first knitted blanket, I lined with cotton. But this time I wanted to take advantage of the nice wrong side of the knitting, where all the threads are weaved in due to my knitting european style with one thread in the left hand, and american style with the other thread in the other. No lining means a softer and more comfy blanket.
And this is how it will look on the right side. Hopefully.